Am I an Alcoholic? Learn the Signs
It can be hard to admit that your alcohol use has turned into alcohol abuse—especially if other people in your life don’t think it’s a problem, or if heavy drinking has always been normal in your family. But if you’re asking yourself, “Am I an alcoholic? Do I need alcohol rehab? Where can I get alcohol rehab?,” then it’s time to ask yourself some difficult questions. Try these questions to find out if you have a drinking problem.
- Do I wish I could drink less?
- Do I do things I regret when I drink?
- Are people afraid of me when I’m drunk?
- Have I gotten in legal or financial trouble because of my drinking habit? Do I have a DUI on my record?
- Do I put myself or others in dangerous situations when I drink?
- Do I have a hard time getting through the day without drinking?
- Do I hide alcohol just in case I need it?
- Have I ever been fired for being drunk on the job?
- Have other people told me I’m an alcoholic?
- Have I tried to quit drinking and relapsed?
If you answered two or more questions “yes,” then it’s time to think about getting help. Groups like Alcoholics Anonymous are an important source of support for anyone who wants to get sober. However, AA does not provide medical care or therapy, both of which are also important components of recovery. If you have been abusing alcohol for a long time, you need to address the underlying causes of your addiction as well as the physical damage alcohol has done to your body.
If you are addicted to alcohol, the best way to get sober and stay sober is with an accredited alcohol rehabilitation program at Archstone Recovery Center of the Palm Beaches. Archstone Recovery is a holistic recovery facility that treats the whole person, not just the illness of alcoholism. Archstone Recovery’s caring staff members specialize in addiction. They use a combination of medical treatment, individual therapy, group therapy, alternative therapies, and twelve-step programs to give you the healing, safety, and tools and techniques you need to begin rebuilding your life, and to stay sober once you leave rehab. Archstone Recover offers residential, partial hospitalization, outpatient, transitional care, or extended care program options to meet your individual alcoholism recovery needs, and its location in sunny Lantana, Florida, near Palm Beach International Airport, makes it a great option for addicts from New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ), Washington, DC, Philadelphia (PA), Baltimore (MD), New England, and all over the United States. If you’re ready to get sober, call Archstone Recovery today.