Are You Addicted to Painkillers? Take the Quiz to Find Out if You Need Help
If you’re reading this article, you probably suspect that you might have a problem with prescription painkillers. Maybe you’re not completely sure if it’s a problem, exactly, but something happened that made you think maybe you should cut back, and that’s turning out to be harder than you think. Or maybe someone in your life flat-out told you that they think you’re addicted to prescription pain pills, and you can’t stop wondering if maybe they’re right. The truth is that painkillers like Vicodin, Percocet, and Oxycontin are incredibly addicted—and once you’re hooked, your body can’t function without them, so you can’t just stop without going through a difficult and painful period of withdrawal. These ten simple questions will help you figure out whether you need to get professional help for an addiction to prescription painkillers.
- Do you need painkillers to help you deal with social situations or difficult days?
- Are you worried that you might have a prescription drug problem?
- Have you ever missed work or been late because you were using pills or feeling the aftereffects?
- Has anyone ever broken up with you because of your prescription drug use?
- Do you have a reputation as a pill-popper?
- Have you ever acted violently or done things you regret after taking painkillers?
- Are your family members afraid of what might happen because of your pill use?
- Have you ever thought about suicide because of your pill use or things you’ve done while using?
- Has anyone ever told you that you have a drug problem?
- Has your prescription painkiller use caused you or someone else financial problems?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, there is a serious possibility that you are addicted to prescription painkillers. Please don’t wait any longer to get professional help. If you’re ready to turn your life around and kick your pain pill addiction, you need the help of the addiction experts at Archstone Recovery Center of the Palm Beaches. Archstone Recovery is a state-of-the-art drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility located in sunny Lantana, Florida (FL). The caring clinicians and therapists at Archstone Recovery believe in treating the whole person, not just the disease of addiction—that’s why they’ll customize your treatment plan to make sure that it’s designed to help you recover and gain the tools you need to get clean and stay clean. Prescription drug users from New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ), Washington, DC, Philadelphia (PA), Baltimore (MD), New England, and all over the United States seek treatment at Archstone Recovery because of our solid reputation for flexible, holistic treatment programs that really work. Start your recovery from prescription painkiller addiction today. Call Archstone Recovery to get started.